Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Coffee ride #7

Tuesday Nov 11th Veterans Day. First off happy Veterans Day to all that have and are serving this great nation. 26 miles today to finish off the 2015 Challenge. I started off stopping by the Veterans Memorial in Milton Wa and then it was off to Tacoma in search of coffee.
Today was sunny and windy, a great respite from the past few days of rain. I was bundled up against the chilly morning air, by the time I hit the steep hills of Tacoma the layers were coming off. I cruised around the hilltop area searching for a good coffee or donut shop. and lo and behold I happened on Original House of Donuts.
The Donut selected was a delight for the eyes and they had coffee to wash down all the sugar and doughy goodness.
Why have one when two is better, combined with the Pumpkin spiced latte I was jacked up like Tony Montana in Scarface after his infamous nose candy scene. Luckily I had some decent climbs to negotiate on the way home to help burn all that instant energy ripping through my system.
Crossing over the Puyallup River as it dumps into Commencement Bay in Tacoma Wa, I really enjoyed this unexpected sunny day making this Veterans Day a special one. My Dads birthday is also this day and he would have turned 80, he also was a Veteran serving in the US Army in the early fifties protecting the German border from the now defunct USSR. He's been gone 27 years and is missed dearly, Happy Birthday Dad.
 
A special thanks to MG at Chasing Mailboxes for organizing the Coffeeneuring Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment