Saturday, October 17, 2015

Trip 3 Oct 16th

 My work schedule allows me every other Friday off, so I will use today for one of my coffee trips.
I drove down to Sumner Wa and parked at the trailhead of the Sumner Link Trail
The Bike trail follows the White River which starts from a glacier high up on Mt Rainier so it runs milky most of the time. My total mileage was a little over 8 miles, the weather was warm for October and I feel this could be it for the warm Indian Summer days we have enjoyed.

 
I decided to ride my singlespeed bike as the trail was flat and I didn't feel like getting all kitted up.
I brewed up some Medaglia d'oro instant espresso and had a sandwich and some yogurt to round out the menu.
Italian coffee and British leather a match made in heaven, lots of waterfowl were visible from the trail it sure is fall up in Washington with the leaves turning color and all the birds moving through.
I used my Trangia alcohol stove to heat my water, this little stove boils water pretty fast using Heet as fuel which I get from any auto parts store. I have quite a few different backpacking stoves and each one has its pluses and minuses, its good to have choices.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment