Saturday, October 24, 2015

Coffee Ride #4

Saturday Oct 17, I loaded up my bike in the back of my truck and headed out to Tacoma. I have been fighting off a cold lately so I really didn't feel much like a long ride or doing many hills.
This view is crossing over the Thea Foss waterway on the 11th St bridge. It is a great access to downtown Tacoma from the Industrial tide flats. I brought along my cook kit and some Italian Espresso to brew up, but I needed something to finish it off.

 

 The Corina Bakery at 602 Fawcett Ave in Tacoma did the trick. I ordered up a Pumpkin Cheesecake cupcake to go and headed back down to a little hide away I know.
The tide was out so lots of mud, garbage and smelly odors were my companions today. I haven't had much luck with brewing coffee grounds through my filter setup, so its instant Espresso for me.
Just like a good handshake, Brooks and coffee. It was warm and overcast with rain threatening so I needed to get the show on the road.
The Pumpkin cupcake was perfect and the coffee nice and strong, I really like coming down to this part of Tacoma on Sundays, the traffic is almost zero and it just feels right. My family has a long history of Longshore work here in the tide flats so it feels like home.
Saw this Hawk dining on a rabbit, not something one sees everyday. My mileage for the day was 7 miles, just a few more days till 7!

No comments:

Post a Comment